Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pancakes and ice cream...using the Vitamix of course! :)

L enjoys homemade ice cream. He is home sick today and wanted to me to buy him popsicles for his sore throat. Why buy popsicles when you can make healthy ice cream at home? This recipe was from Eat To Live: 1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used So Delicious coconut milk), 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 4 dates (pitted), and 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries. So smooth and delicious!

Here is a pancake recipe I have been perfecting, in the Vitamix I blend three bananas, three apples, two cups coconut milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla (you could add ground flax seed as well). I add the wet ingredients to 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder. Cook them up on the griddle Waffle House style (I do use cooking oil
spray on the griddle) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment