Monday, March 14, 2011

All Food, All The Time

It seems like I talk about food all the time, maybe that's because I'm always preparing food. I feel like I live in the kitchen. Today:

  • 7:00 am, reheat pancakes for L, pour green smoothie for L
  • 7:30 am, prepare ingredients for green smoothie
  • 8:00 am, make peanut butter toast for E
  • 8:45 am, make green smoothie
  • 1:45 pm, make toast with avocado and hummus for T
  • 1:45 pm, prepare steamer bag of broccoli for me with salsa and almonds
  • 2:45 pm, pour green smoothie for L and T
  • 2:45 pm, give E pistachios
  • 4:00 pm, start making pancakes: bananas, apples, vanilla, flour, coconut milk, etc 
  • 4:15 pm, start making bean dish: dried beans, rice, onions, carrots, bok choy, mushrooms
  • mid to late afternoon: stirring bean dish and cooking pancakes on the griddle at the same time
  • 7:00 pm, serve dinner to kids (bean dish, which they did not like)
  • 8:00 pm, make green smoothie for the morning
  • 8:15 pm, clean Vitamix 
And I'm not done yet. Once I get T to bed I have to start making lunches and snacks for tomorrow for the kids and DH. I'm not complaining, I love my "job" and I love preparing healthy foods for my family. But as you can see, for me it's all food, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment