Friday, May 20, 2011

A Milestone

E had her "completion ceremony" at preschool this week. She has been there for three years, twice a week in the two year old class, three times a week in the three year old class, and five days a week this current school year in the four year old class. We are so lucky to have a preschool that we love and that our kids love too (L also went there for three years). She is so excited about starting K in August, she thinks it starts tomorrow and I keep trying to tell her that she has about three months to wait. ;)

When I think about E going to K, I get sad. Although I should be happy about it, she is very ready for K (socially and academically) but there is something about your "baby" going to "real school". It's such a long day, you are away from them for so long, they are with kids and teachers that you don't know very well, etc But I know she will love it. I will try to not let her see me cry on that first day of school.

But before all that, we have a fun summer planned! Several weeks with no camps, one week of art camp, four weeks of preschool camp, and a few days of cheer leading camp.

I could get into a story about how it took her three hours (and lots of tears) to eat an apple today, but I'll save that for another day.

1 comment: